Here are our favourite local SEO tools to rank your business website in 2020.
Ranking your business for local search is hard work. There’s so much that needs to be done, especially for business owners.
You will need to track reviews from customers, research keywords, manage citations while at the same time juggling everyday business activities.
So you see, without a system or tools to effectively keep track of everything that needs your attention you could miss out on important things.
To help you, we have rounded up our favourite local SEO tools to ensure you stay on top of your local search marketing efforts.
Local SEO Tools To Supercharge Your Local Search Marketing
Google Adwords Keyword Planner
Use the new Google Adwords Keyword Planner (GAKP) to discover local keyword ideas and to estimate the number of people in your target city searching for related services/ products using those keywords.
To use Google’s free keyword planner and search volume estimator, you will need a Google account, however.
Once, you’ve created your account, log into GAKP. In the dashboard, you can opt to discover new keyword ideas or estimate search volumes and forecast.
You can also use the Google Adwords Keyword Planner to track keyword performance, dig up historical data to see how each key phrases would perform in the long term. And, of course, you can identify profitable keywords your competitors are ranking for and optimize for them too.
Whitespark is a citation finder and local SEO management tool that helps businesses build citations, manage reviews and track rankings on search engines.
Use the Whitespark to spot citation opportunities you may otherwise have missed without the tool to boost local search optimization.
Though Whitespark is a premium tool, you can test the citation finder before making any commitment. Take advantage of the 3 searches per day freemium feature and when you are ready to take the next step.
What you can do with Whitespark:
- Discover citation opportunities
- Track local rankings for relevant keywords.
- Track important metrics to understand your performance across several search engines.
- Manage brand reputation with the review checker.
- Get customers to leave reviews on Google with the Google review link generator.
- Monitor linked social media accounts from the same dashboard.
Price: Premium (starting from $17 per month)
Yext is a suite of solutions that ranges from Amazon Alexa integration, Data cleansing to Voice search optimization.
The cloud-based tool gives control back to you as you manage customers’ journey from the moment they come online to ask brand-related questions.
According to Yext, they are on a mission to provide perfect answers everywhere customers search, Yext’s Search Experience Cloud puts businesses in control of their facts online.
By providing brand verified answers on their own websites — then across search engines, maps, apps, voice assistants and chatbots —, Yext helps brands take back control of the customer journey.
What you can do with Yext:
- Easily integrate Amazon Alexa into your marketing system.
- Identify and suppress duplicate listings to boost local search ranking
- Maintain consistent datasets across several end-points.
- Manage your Google My Business listing and details from one interface
- Voice search optimization
- Citations, listing management and local page creation.
Price: Not available
If you are looking for a high-end online visibility tool to manage your business’s presence on the web, SEMrush is probably the best tool you need.
The all-in-one online marketing platform provides you with a one-stop dashboard to do everything you need to grow your business. From researching keywords, estimating search volumes, and tracking rank positions.
To comparing competitor website traffics, uncovering backlinking opportunities, and managing listings on top directories.
My favourite feature is the content topic research tab. Once I enter the content idea I want to create, the tool pulls up helpful information about the idea. It also suggests the best format, headline structure, and the type of content that would work best for the topic I intend writing about.
What you can do with SEMrush
- Identify keywords that are most likely to bring traffic to your site.
- Identify content opportunities by looking at your competitor’s high performing pages.
- Track your website’s ranking on search engine result pages
- See top organic brands you are competing against.
- Uncover new backlinking opportunities
Price: starts from $99.95 per month
Visit website here: SEMrush
Advice Local is a paid local SEO software-as-a-service solution you can use to manage your business listings.
It supports a large number of business directories and lets users manually build local citations.
Apart from its listing management, you can also add multiple store locations on your website using their proprietary location landing pages technologies.
What you can do with Advice Local
- Seamlessly manage your brand listing across hundreds of directories.
- Manage multiple store locations from a central dashboard
- Add several locations on websites easily.
- Optimize website for local voice search
- vertical directory submission helps you submit your business to niche-specific directories.
Price: Not available
Moz Local just like every other tool on this list is a one-stop platform from which you can effectively manage your online reputation.
Instead of manually updating your business profile and details on several platforms, you can simply do that one-time on Moz and then distribute your info to all the directories.
Also, you can update your data in real-time so you can be sure both search engines and your customers only get to see the most up to date information.
What you can do with Moz
- Update business information in real-time.
- Seamlessly cleanse location data to ensure consistency across all listings.
- Automate duplicate data deletion – your duplicate listings are automatically suppressed by the system.
- Manage customer reviews from one dashboard
- Integrates fully with Google and Facebook so you get data from both platforms in one place.
- Create store locator and locations landing pages for all your stores.
Price: Starts from $129 per year
Brightlocal is probably among the best known local search marketing platform on the market today. It is an all-in-one platform that empowers local search marketers to manage their listing, SEO and reputation.
Take advantage of the citation tool to gain access to over 2000 citation locations in their database. Also, users have the flexibility to select any range of directories they can list their information.
BrightLocal offers a 14-day free trial no credit card required after which you can decide whether to go on a paid plan or to cancel.
What you can do with BrightLocal
- Discover citation opportunities you may have missed manually.
- Update your listings in real-time.
- Automatically submit listings to amplifiers like Google, Facebook Marketplace, Maps, and so on.
- Convert site visitors into leads.
- Track local rankings, conduct SEO audits, and gather insights to improve local SEO efforts.
Price: Starts at $29 per month
ReviewTrackers is a customer review tool that helps you understand your customers — think of it as a first-hand reporting tool to gather insights into how your customers feel about your business.
Use ReviewTracker to see where you are losing local customers, how you compare with competitors and what you need to do to create a more authentic connection with customers.
What you can do with ReviewTracker
- Easily manage up to 100 review sites from one dashboard so you can get more reviews, ratings and revenue.
- Automate your review collection and respond quickly to customer feedback to build a more authentic experience for customers.
- Gather insights and trends about customer experience.
Schema Scanner by Synup is a free Local SEO tool that helps you optimize your brand’s website for search engines.
When done correctly, the rich snippets make your business website stand out on SERP. It displays additional information like your brand’s star-ratings, pricing, etc.
Also, it is a great way to optimize for voice search as it enables smartphones to pull up structured markup data from your website to answer user-generated queries.
What you can do with Schema Scanner
- Check whether your business website already has a schema markup added.
- Generate schema markup code, you can copy and paste into your website’s HTML header.
wrapping up on local seo tools to rank your business website in 2020
It’s that time of the year when you look back on the past 12 months to appraise what you did well and where you need to improve in your business.
One area, I believe you will pay closer attention to is your local search marketing efforts. How well did you perform? What tools and resources were the most impactful for your business?
While at it, you may also, want to revamp your marketing toolkit – here we’ve listed our top local SEO tools to rank your business website in 2020.
So, tell us which of the tools above is your favourite? Which one do you intend to add to your marketing toolset or the one you are currently using that’s not listed here?